Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New Release Nerves & It’s About Time - Stirring up Dirty by Kacey Hammell

Welcome Kacey to the blog today! That's one hot cover!

Thank you so much for sharing my new release with your readers!

It’s always a fun and exciting time when I have a new release. But there’s a heck of a lot of nervousness that comes with it too. I know I’m not the only author who suffers from “new release doubts”.

Such as -- Will readers like it? Will they understand the characters? Will they root for the couple(s)? Will there be sales?! Will the nerves never end!!?? LOL

But with all the doubts comes the pride, the joy, the smiles when readers do write and say they loved the story (or leave a review – Hint Hint!!), and knowing that I wrote something from the heart.


With Stirring Up Dirty, it was Candy who brought me back to some favorite characters, the memories of writing Dare years ago. I had many readers email/reach out asking when/if Candy would ever have her own story. At the time of those questions, I had no interest in writing her story. But the readers had me thinking and pondering, but I remembered the tug-of-war she and I had when I wrote Dare, and I didn’t want to go through with that again. So I decided to wait until she spoke to me. I didn’t force the issue and about 2.5 years later, she finally started speaking to me again, and vice versa. It didn’t take long to write her story, it was one of the quickest first drafts I’ve ever written, and there were really no arguments this time. I think Candy matured! Yes, her! She is still stubborn as all hell, but I think I got some payback with Eric. He started talking to me as well, and I knew he was perfect for her. Eric gives her the same tug-of-war upheavals that Candy gave me. Authors are allowed comeuppances once in a while too!

Now that their story is done, and I’m extremely in love with Eric and his family (which became a trilogy), I have to wonder…what the heck took so long!! LOL I hope the readers who asked about Candy are pleased with her story, and new readers fall in love with her and want to go back to Dare and meet Olivia and Dare.

But all the happiness and love I have for the story…I’m still a bout of nervous energy and dying to know if reader enjoyed Stirring Up Dirty!! *g*


Happy reading!!


STIRRING UP DIRTY
Stirred by Love: Book 1 
By Kacey Hammell
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
ISBN: 978-1-77233-425-8
115 pages
Available with Evernight Publishing
Connected to DARE


Blurb:
Shaken and Stirred with a splash of dirty.

Candy Wilson arrives in St. Albert with one mission—to sign the next young, hot model to her modeling agency. She has no time for distractions and isn’t prepared for bartender Eric McKenna—the brother of her young client-to-be, Melissa. Eric challenges her on all counts, irritates her daily, and heats her body to boiling temperatures with just one touch. He’s hard to ignore and impossible to resist.

Eric McKenna will be damned if his baby sister signs any contracts with Candy Wilson. No way in hell will he allow anyone to whisk Melissa off to a foreign country and lead her on a path that’s not right for her. And yet Candy pushes him further than he’s ever been before and drives him crazy. Eric can’t control his need for her or the desire to engage with her … on so many levels.


Reviews:
“One Hell of a hot Number…Candy is a saucy lass, indeed...and headstrong. I fricken loved her. Stirring Up Dirty is perfectly titled; with every page turned, the heat was stirred up. Recommend for readers who enjoy erotic romance with strong, character led storyline with smutty as all hell sexy times.” ~ 5 Stars ~ Author, JoAnne Kenrick

“I really loved this fast paced story. The banter between Eric and Candy is thrilling and their sensual innuendos are sizzling. With this stunningly delicious story, we also get an update on a long beloved couple.” ~ 5 Stars, Liz, Goodreads

“…an amazing book from beginning to end…another great book by an amazing author. ~ 5 Stars, Stephanie, Goodreads


Excerpt © Kacey Hammell, 2015
“Hey there. It’s Eric, right?”

He stalled and pivoted. Behind him was the one person he didn’t need to see right now. Melissa had talked about her enough that he knew all he needed to about her. And some shit he hadn’t cared to.

“Ms. Wilson. Hope you’re enjoying our little town here.”

She leaned against the wall of Abe’s Diner. “Little? This place is huge. I did enjoy some shopping this morning. The market a couple blocks over has some of the nicest things. I spent way more than I should.”

He bet she did. From what she’d shown at the bar yesterday, she had more money than she really knew what to do with. In his opinion, she’d earned it all by letting it all hang out in fashion magazines for the world to see. Wearing skimpy outfits and bathing suits, which to him was too much to be taken seriously. She had the looks for sure, but he questioned her morals.

“Well, I have to get back to the bar. Nice seeing you.”

“Oh, you couldn’t spare a few minutes to have coffee with me? There are a few things I’d love to talk to you about.” She sidled closer to him, a smile lighting her face, her eyes twinkling like stars in the evening sky.

He bet she was used to getting her way all the time.

She brushed a hand over his bicep. “Just a quick coffee, and maybe a bite to eat?”

The heat from her palm rushed through him. His fingers tingled and the urge to feel her warmth around him caught him off guard. He took a step back and shook his head. Damn her for getting to him. He needed to steer clear. She would do anything to take his sister away from here, even use her wiles to do it; he’d seen her flirting with Drew yesterday.

“Sorry, I don’t have time to entertain you. You’ll have to find someone else to keep you occupied, Ms. Wilson. Have a good day.”

Eric turned and strode away. He needed to keep a watchful eye on his sister and find a way to dig himself out of the hole he was in.

Neither would be easy, though.

Not with the distraction of Candy Wilson around to battle with.



Buy Links:




And to top off the new release!...Get DARE (where readers first met Candy!) for only $0.99 ~ At Evernight Publishing, Amazon stores, All Romance Ebooks

Bio:
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…
Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi- published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.

Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in Ontario, Canada.


Connect with Kacey…


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...