Monday, July 28, 2014

Mutt or Meow Monday with Foxy Cleopatra, Nikki Noffsinger's Mutt

Welcome to Mutt or Meow Monday!


Mutt or Meow Monday is where we interview the author’s animal friends instead of interviewing the author. Let’s see what the animals have to say!


It’s great to have you here today.


Please introduce yourself. 


My name is Foxy Cleopatra Noffsinger but everyone just calls me Foxy. I am a shelter dog and I would tell you my age, but a lady never tells. I am the proud pet owner of four humans. One of which is going off to college soon. My youngest little human pet, I have adopted and he is simply “Puppy” but my other two owners, the big ones, they insist on calling him “Justin”. I can’t tell you what breed I am only that I am multi-cultural. 

However, the Vet (I don’t like him very much) told my one pet that he believes I am a possible German Shepherd-Pittbull/Boxer mix. So I am European-that works for me. I mostly lie around my home but I also love to go on walks, play with my puppy when he’s not being so hyper (definitely not a wrestling fan), and I love to be scratched and loved on. 

My beginnings were not so very happy but my pets have more than made up for that. They love and adore me and I adore them. I am great with other people, even though I am sometimes a little shy but I am not so friendly with cats. I don’t know why-they just rub me the wrong way. Well they would if I let one actually get close enough to try. I hate the Vet and I am not a fan of being wet but I love the snow.




What’s your favorite book by Nikki Noffsinger and why?


Cursed Awakening because I find it strangely funny. Whoever heard of a human who could turn into a wolf? Is that not funny or what! I know humans would love to be dogs but my human informs me that I am just a biased critic. I say keep the funny stuff coming.


Do you ever interrupt Nikki Noffsinger for attention when she’s trying to write? Does she stop and give you attention, brush you off, or bribe you with treats?


I would like to think of it as Attention Motivating. I mean she works so very hard and I would never disturb her but when nature calls or when I need a good scratch, I  begin to “motivate” her into some leash time or scratching belly time.


Does Nikki Noffsinger ever read her writing to you? Do you like it? Well of course, I like to think that she’s reading to me because she wants my honest opinion because I’m gifted in intelligence. Language is a barrier because of course my pets have not learned to speak canine yet. Do they have Rosetta Stone for that?

Has Nikki Noffsinger ever based one of her characters on you? Which one? I do not believe she has been endowed with that stroke of genius just yet. I know it must pain here greatly to think about just the perfect story for me. I would think that a character based on me would have my gorgeous looks, unsurpassed wit and intelligence, ready to spring into action, and of course end up saving the day.

What does Nikki Noffsinger do to celebrate when she finishes writing a book? She is a strange one. I always know when she’s finished because she literally puts the thing that sits on her lap (where I should be might I add) down and fist pumps in the air and even turns on this noise she calls music. Once she even danced around.


What do you wish Nikki Noffsinger would do with her writing time instead of writing? Well she’s really good to me but some more treats would be nice and it would be great if she could stop balancing her lap top on me when I want lap time. I need my lap time or I get cranky. Other than that, she’s great.

What’s the best part about living with an author? She’s home and when the weather is good we have a lot of late night walks and talks. I don’t understand a lot of it but I am here to be supportive.

What’s the worst part about living with an author? When she’s doing that typing thing really fast and I need her to take me out and she has the puppy to take me out. He’s not bad at it but we don’t walk as much and he wants to run everywhere. Ever try to pee while running? It’s not easy or fun for that matter.

Chicken, bacon or cheese? BAAAACON! I am a country girl who loves her bacon.


Butt sniffin’, leg humpin’, fluffy toys? I plead the 5th Amendment. (my pets say that a lot when they don’t want to answer a question) but I can assure you that there is no leg humping. Do I look like a horny Chihuahua or Pug to you?

Final thoughts:  


Adopting a shelter or rescue dog is not a bad thing despite the haters. Sure we need a little extra care and patience but we all need good loving forever homes. We might not have pedigrees but that isn’t a bad thing. 

Another thing is have your furry friends whether they be cats or dogs neutered or spayed. There is nothing wrong with breeding a dog or cat but sometimes humans forget that we are not meant to have litter upon litter and some of us grieve over the loss of our young. 

Another problem is that there would not be that many feral and stray animals out there if they had been neutered or spayed since most are unwanted pets who had a human who thought they wanted a forever companion and forgot about thinking about what it takes to take care of us. So please…SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PETS!


Cursed Awakening
Nikki NOffsinger
Paranormal Romance/Shifter


Back cover blurb:


An ancient evil has returned and betrayal is everywhere. In the midst of all hell breaking loose, two hearts-one wild and the other one still wounded will stand before hell itself to fight for what's right and for a love forged from a Cursed Awakening.


Ivy Morgan has re-invented herself and is looking forward to the future for the first time, in a very long time. Since fleeing for her life from an overzealous religious cult, she is able to be a modern woman that is gaining her independence; so taking up with a sexy stranger named Nyx is the last thing she needs. Or, is it?


Nyx Wahpeton can’t stop thinking about the young woman he’s met. It couldn’t have come at the worse possible time with the clans meeting and his family wrapped up in a centuries old war that’s nothing short of what horror movies are made from. He’s been a protector of his people and those that reside at the Reservation. There’s betrayal and evil at his front door; but, in his heart he knows Ivy is the one for him. She’s surrounded by secrets that he’s vowed to unlock, as well as her heart. However, can he keep her safe from his own secrets?

Author Bio:


Hi, my name is Nikki Noffsinger and I was born and raised in Marion, Indiana but I have deep Southern roots that have been with me my whole life. My husband and I have been married since 1994, and were high school sweethearts. I am a mother of two and I even have this little Elfling that is my grandchild. They are my greatest joy besides my books. I have always had a love of books and creating my own stories since I was a young child. It wasn’t until I was thirty-five that I summoned the courage to live my dreams.


Give Nikki Noffsinger some Web Love







Buy Cursed Awakening ! 




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here today, Foxy! Great advice about spaying and neutering and adopting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun Joycelyn Dex. Thank YOU for having us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...