Monday, January 13, 2014

Mutt or Meow Monday: Meet Smokey, Gail Bridges' Meow

Welcome to Mutt or Meow Monday!

Mutt or Meow Monday is where we interview the author’s animal friends instead of interviewing the author. Let’s see what the animals have to say!

It’s great to have you here today.

Please introduce yourself.

(Yawn.) I was sleeping. Didn't you notice me sprawled out on top of the laptop? (A full minute passes) You're still here? Well, okay then, if you insist. I'll play along. I'll answer your questions ... but I'd much rather be napping. (Licks back leg.)

Where was I? Oh, yes. My name is (turns nose up disdainfully) ... Smokey. Can you believe it? My people could have named me Robert or Samuel or Patrick - but no. They stuck me with Smokey.

Obviously, I'm a cat.

What’s your favorite book by Gail Bridges and why?

I love all of them but my absolute favorite is her newest, Inn on the Edge. It has a cat in it! Kind of. In one paragraph. Part of the paragraph. A mere mention, actually. (Tilts head and makes sad eyes at interviewer) Although I suppose one cat is better than nothing.

Do you ever interrupt Gail for attention when she’s trying to write? Does she stop and give you attention, brush you off, or bribe you with treats?

Interrupt Gail? Good god no. She's the one who interrupts me! She constantly shoos me off her writing chair. You see, that particular chair is so soft, so warm, so comfortable! It's perfect for curling up into a ball and tucking my paws under my chin. It goes without saying that I take every opportunity to steal that lovely chair from her.

What does Gail do to celebrate when she finishes writing a book?

Do you really want to hear this? I find it deeply disturbing. (Sneezes.) Fine, I'll tell you. It happened several months ago, but I remember it clearly: When Gail finished Inn on the Edge, she slammed the lid of her laptop down (which made me yowl and leap from her lap and scramble into the dining room, and who could blame me?) Then she stood up and shook her arms and legs in a most distressing way and began shrieking: "It's finished! It's finished!"

Terribly undignified, really.

What’s the best part about living with an author?

Gail is always home. She's always within calling distance. If I need a nice lap to dig my claws into, I know where to find her. I really can't complain about that.

What’s the worst part about living with an author?

I have one recurring trauma in my life: sometimes Gail forgets to feed me, and I'm forced to remind her. (Yawns again.) Now, may I please go back to my nap?


Inn on the Edge
Gail Bridges
Erotic Horror from Ellora's Cave

Excerpt: http://www.gailbridges.com/  (on the "excerpts" page)

Back cover blurb:
Angela and her brand-new husband Josh have just arrived at their honeymoon destination, a romantic bed-and-breakfast hotel on the breath-taking Washington coast—the Inn on the Edge.

But everything isn’t as it seems. The lessons that come free with the room aren’t for painting the lovely coastal scenery—the lessons are for better sex. Angie and Josh, shocked and titillated, immerse themselves in every sensual offering.

It doesn’t take long for things to go horribly wrong. They discover that the old man running the place is a sex demon, who has been stealing their sensual energy. Worse, he’s dangerously in love with Angie and he has plans for her—plans involving an heirloom wedding ring.


Inside Scoop:  This book contains scenes of unbridled demon-inspired passion—girls with girls, boys with boys, twosomes, threesomes and more! A Romantica erotic horror romance from Ellora’s Cave

Author Bio:

I have three grown children. I live in Seattle, Washington with my husband and our five cats. In the past I have worked in a variety of different artistic media - I have a BFA in painting from the University of Washington, and for over fifteen years I made award-winning Fine Art Jewelry (silver and handmade ceramics) and sold my work at local and regional Fine Art and Craft shows. My business, Vivid Arts, flourished - but always, I felt driven to write. Two years ago, no longer able to deny the writing muse, I took an open-ended sabbatical from my art shows. Since then, I've written two novels and a number of published and unpublished short stories. 
                          


Give Gail Bridges some Web Love!

Twitter: @GailWBridges

Buy Inn on the Edge!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here! It was great to meet Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, kitty! so cute! I've never read an erotic horror novel, but I'm intrigued~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued by the premise too. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

      Delete
  3. Awesome interview Mr.? Smokey,
    You are truly gorgeous!
    And I LOVE Gail's books too :)

    Mindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...