Friday, May 24, 2013

Interview with Ashlynne Laynne author of Blood Promise, Progeny Series #3



Ashlynne Laynne
Blood Promise (Progeny Series #3)
Erotic Romance Paranormal, IR/MC

“Their love is fated by an ancient prophecy. Now the promise is fulfilled.”


Ascher Rousseau is a half-human, half vampire whose life has been a series of prophecies and predictions. After finding incredible love and passion with Shauna—a Wiccan with powers beyond anything he’s ever known—he seals to her and hopes for happiness. But his enemies seek to destroy all that he loves, and he finds that happiness never lasts for long.
Darkness is descending and a vampiric revolution is nearing. A new brood of hatchlings is born to join their darkling brothers, in preparation for war. A preordained chain of events is set into motion that could lead to the rise of the demonic “cloaked one” and his half-human fallen children, while ending humanity—as we know it.
Can a supernatural love and the loyal bond of a family save the Rousseaus and the world from certain extinction?

Interview

About Author and Author's Most Recent Release
Q: Do you have a favorite quote or line from Blood Promise? If so, please share.
A: “You are everything to me. My beginning. My end. My forever.”
Q: Who is your favorite main character from Blood Promise? Why?
A: Wow, that’s a hard question because I love Shauna and Ascher equally. If I had to make a choice, I guess I’d choose Shauna. She’s this kick-ass Wiccan with all of these amazing gifts, yet she loves unconditionally and accepts all parts of Ascher, without question.

Q: Who is your favorite secondary character? Why?
A: Quinn is my favorite secondary character, because he gets on Ascher’s nerves. He is the comic relief of the series and a lot of fun to write.

Q: What was the hardest part of writing Blood Promise?
A: In the beginning, I wasn’t sure how I wanted to write the love scenes, and this caused me quite a bit of angst. Halfway through writing book two, I made the decision to write erotically and I’ve never looked back.

Q: What question do you wish that someone would ask about Blood Promise?
A: This is hard, because I’ve been asked everything from religious questions, to questions about Wicca and my sex life. If it was to be asked, I think I’ve answered it.

Q: Convince readers to buy Blood Promise in 25 words or less.
A: Hot half-vamp and kick-ass Wiccan meet, fall in love, have hot sex and fight their way to a happily ever after.


On Writing and Writing Erotica

Q: Why did you choose to write in this genre/subgenre?
A: A dear friend, and fellow erotica writer, actually told me that she saw an erotica writer hiding in the pages of The Progeny. Her exact words were, “There’s an erotica writer dying to come out. Now let her out!”

Q: Do you outline or do you start with a basic idea and let it flow? (plotter or pantser)
A: I start each project with an outline, but it rarely holds up. Ascher and Shauna are very stubborn characters who do not like to be told what to do.

Q: Do your family and friends know what you write? If so, what do they think about it?
A: My husband thinks it is great that I am finally doing what I want to do.

Q: In erotica/erotic romance, the sex is depicted graphically. Are there any specific words or phrases you aren't comfortable using in your stories? Word or phrase that makes you say “ick”?
A: I hate the words cunt and schlong. I would never use them.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing erotica/erotic romance?
A: A good sex scene is one where you read back over it and you’re like, “Damn that was almost as good as sex.”

Q: How long ago was your first story accepted by a publisher and did you pee your pants?
A: The Progeny was offered a contract for publishing in October of 2011. I didn’t pee my pants, but I thought to myself, “There is no way this is real.”

Q: What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the publishing process?
A: I love typing “THE END” on a manuscript, but hate the editing process.

Fun Stuff

Q: Tattoos. Hot or not? And do you have any?
A: They are definitely hot. I don’t have any, but I am thinking of getting a tattoo like my vamps in the series.

Q: Wine, Beer or Liquor?
A: Wine and sometimes liquor.

Q: Dogs, cats or other?
A: I have no pets, but I do love doggies.  

Q: Kindle, Nook, Paper? Other?
A: Kindle. My Kindle Fire is my best friend. Not only do I read on it, but it is also my editing tool of choice.

Q: Vibrators, nipple clamps or butt plugs?
A: Hmmmm. Vibrators, but I’ve heard about those nipple clamps and am thinking those might be worth a try.  

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: Because he saw a hot hen that he wanted to get all up on.  

Q: What is the meaning of life?
A: To love one another and treat each other with kindness. I’m a bit of a flower child, I can’t help it.

Final thoughts: Anything else you’d like to say?
I would just like to thank you for hosting me today. I must admit loving the naughty questions.

Show Ashlynne some Web Love


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...