Friday, August 15, 2014

Interview with Penelope Merrin, Author of Waking the Beast

Waking the Beast
Penelope Merrin
Fantasy/Fairy Tale retelling

When lusty Melina gets caught spying on guests, her innkeeper father sends her off to work for the Beast. Instead of the monster she expects, Melina discovers a hulking, misshapen but incredibly sexy man. Curiosity consumes her—is every part of him oversized?

Rowland doesn’t know how to handle Melina. He can’t believe she could ever desire him. He is no match for her relentless seduction. They enjoy a few weeks of sensual bliss before Melina’s father visits unexpectedly and catches them in the act, causing them to flee.

Driven from his home with Melina by his side, Rowland finally has the courage to explore the woods for wild magic to reverse his curse. But magic doesn’t conform to even the best laid plans. 

Interview

Q: Do you have a favorite quote or line from WAKING THE BEAST? If so, please share.
A: There’s a scene where my hero tries to backpedal after losing control, telling my heroine “We need to talk.” Through his locked bedroom door, she says “I want to do much more than merely talk to you. If you don’t open the door, I will take off all my clothing again.”

Q: Name one thing the hero and heroine of WAKING THE BEAST can’t live without.
A: My heroine, Melina, can’t live without some sense of excitement, adventure or magic in her life. When the story begins she seems doomed to a mundane life, but luckily her circumstances change. My hero, Rowland, starts out very preoccupied with being noble and correct. Melina has to work very hard to break through lots of barriers with him, not just his beastly curse. Luckily she’s very tenacious.

Q: Are there any specific words or phrases you aren't comfortable using in your stories (especially in sex scenes)? Word or phrase that makes you say “ick”?
A: C**t. It’s just such a charged, negative word to me.

Q: Convince readers to buy WAKING THE BEAST in 25 words or less.
A: It’s a fairy tale retelling of “Beauty and the Beast” with a big, sexy twist.

Q: What’s one of your biggest fears?
A: My dogs dying. They’re getting old so I try to make every day count.

Jocelyn's Note: Oh geez. Me too. :-/

Fun Stuff

Q: Tattoos. Hot or not? And do you have any?
A: Good ones can be hot, for sure. I don’t have any.

Q: Wine, Beer or Liquor?
A: I love whisky and bourbon. But I get crazy hangover headaches, so I don’t drink much.

Q: Dogs, cats or other?
A: I love all animals except cockroaches! Dogs, cats, birds and rabbits are my favorites.

Q: Kindle, Nook, Paper? Other?
A: I am reading more books on my phone now, using the Kindle app. I like the convenience. But I still like paper the best.

About PENELOPE 
Penelope started writing when she was nine and hasn’t stopped since. She lives with her husband and dogs in an apartment stuffed to the gills with books.

Show PENELOPE some Web Love
http://tinyurl.com/wakingthebeast

Buy WAKING THE BEAST!

Thanks for sharing your book today!

3 comments:

  1. Cockroaches are the worst! Waking the Beast sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being here today, Penelope It's always good to meet another dog loving author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the interview, Jocelyn. And thanks for the compliment, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...