Monday, November 11, 2013

Mutt or Meow Monday with Miss Wiggly, Kate Hill's Doggy

Welcome to Mutt or Meow Monday!

Mutt or Meow Monday is where we interview the author’s animal friends instead of interviewing the author. Let’s see what the animals have to say!

It’s great to have you here today.




Please introduce yourself.
Hey there. I’m Miss Wiggly. It’s not my actual given name, but it’s a nickname that has stuck. Every non-human in the house has at least one nickname. The humans have nicknames too, but we don’t tell them what they are. Wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings since they’re in charge of the food bin. What breed am I? Good question. I’m part Bassett, that’s for sure. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.


What’s your favorite book by Kate and why?

I like several of Kate’s books, mostly because the characters in them are as lazy as I am. They’re always in bed.


Do you ever interrupt Kate for attention when she’s trying to write? Does she stop and give you attention, brush you off, or bribe you with treats?

Food is my thing. I don’t mind when she gives me other attention, like hugs and belly rubs, but usually that just interrupts my nap time. When I’m hungry, I’ll howl to get her attention. She doesn’t like that when she’s in the middle of a scene. In general she and the other humans in the house are great about feeding us on time. Dinner is usually at five, so I start howling around three, just to make sure they don’t forget.


Has Kate ever based one of her characters on you? Which one?

Oh sure. I was the inspiration for one of the dogs in The Hunky Handyman.


What’s the worst part about living with an author?

Sometimes around the holidays, she makes me wear these stupid antlers.


Chicken, bacon or cheese? Yes!!!


Butt sniffin’, leg humpin’, fluffy toys? Are you kidding? That stuff interrupts my nap time.


Final thoughts:
I know that being an author, Kate would like me to plug one of her books, so here goes. Her latest Ellora’s Cave release features one of my ancestors. Isn’t it a nice improvement how we’ve gone from feral wolf to beguiling Basset?


Northman’s Pleasure
Kate Hill
Erotic Viking Romance


Legend is Grim Hammerhand is half wolf. Vowing never to marry, the muscular, red-haired warrior saves his passion for the battlefield and the forge. That is, until the woman he secretly lusts after is abducted.


Asgerd has loved Grim for years, only to be ignored by the object of her desire. She has eluded the bonds of marriage, hoping that someday Grim will notice her, but her dreams are shattered when she is captured and defiled by the brutal warrior Stein.


After the king sends Grim to rescue his daughter and claim Stein's land, the passion between the couple finally ignites. In the end, Grim's mistrust of all women could destroy their one true chance for happiness.


Author Bio
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.


Kate's stories, The Chieftain's Bride and Vampire Master, have won The Romance Studio's CAPA and in 2002 her vampire novel, The Immaculate, was nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award.


When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.


Give Kate Hill some Web Love!


Buy Northman’s Pleausure!


3 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one with lazy pet-family members! LOL
    Cute interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being here! Your mutt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, DGarson and Jocelyn!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...