Friday, December 7, 2012

Fun Interview with Lucy Felthouse Author of A Taste of London

Today, I interviewed Lucy Felthouse, author of A Taste of London, an erotic contemporary story.
A Taste of London
 About Author and Author's Most Recent Release 

Q: Do you have a favorite quote or line from A Taste of London? If so, please share.
A: “Well, all of the above, naturally. But, come on, tell me the thought of getting a shag on this trip hasn’t entered your head? You’ve not gone gay on me, have you?”

Q: Who is your favorite main character from A Taste of London? Why?
A: Ryan Stonebridge, because this book (and the other in the series, yet to be written) are his journey, and I enjoy writing him. He's fun, sexy and adventurous. If I met him, I'd definitely fancy him ;)

Q: Who is your favorite secondary character? Why?
A: Ah, that would be Rose, one of Ryan's conquests. She's an absolutely terrible Catholic girl who has a real sense of adventure and is very naughty.

Q: What was the hardest part of writing this book?
A: Nothing – I loved writing it from start to finish. The tough bit will be continuing the series now and making sure there are no continuity errors.

Q: What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book?
A: Where do I buy it?

Q: Convince readers to buy your book in 25 words or less.
A: Although it's written with male fantasies in mind, A Taste of London will appeal to anyone who enjoys fun, adventurous erotica.

On Writing and Writing Erotica

Q: Why did you choose to write in this genre/subgenre?
A: I wanted to write for Ellora's Cave, and as I saw they'd launched a new range aimed at men, I decided to give it a go. The minimum word count was seven thousand words, and at first I worried about hitting it, but  A Taste of London ended up carrying on much longer as the character had his erotic adventures. I'm looking forward to writing the next book – I really enjoy writing from the male perspective.

Q: Do you outline or do you start with a basic idea and let it flow? (plotter or pantser)
A: It depends on the piece of work. With short stories I tend to just write and see what happens. But with novels, I need at least a basic outline so I know where I'm going with the story and minimize the mistakes I might make.

Q: Do your family and friends know what you write? If so, what do they think about it?
A: Some of my family do, and some of them don't. My friends do. Basically, I'll tell people if I think they'll be okay with it. And those that know think it's pretty cool!

Q: In erotica/erotic romance, the sex is depicted graphically. Are there any specific words or phrases you aren't comfortable using in your stories? Word or phrase that makes you say “ick”?
A: Not exactly, because the words or phrases that make me say "ick" are ones that I wouldn't even contemplate writing into a story. They're some rather horrible slang phrases which are probably quite British.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing erotica/erotic romance?
A: Just being able to tell the stories that pop into my head. I've always had a vivid imagination, and I like that with erotica and erotic romance you can tell stories and not have to leave the sex out – because in real life, people do have sex! ;)

Q: How long ago was your first story accepted by a publisher and did you pee your pants? J
A: My first print publication was in 2009. I don’t remember how long before then I found out, but I do remember being incredibly excited. I didn't quite pee my pants, but it was pretty close. I still get extremely excited every time a piece of my work is accepted, and it just spurs me on to write more.

Q: What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the publishing process?
A: My favourite is seeing my books get published, and finding out that people are actually reading them. My least favourite part is probably the editing process. Having your faults pointed out is never a pleasant experience – though I know that it has to be done in order to make the book the best it can be, so I grin and bear it.

Fun Stuff

Q: Tattoos. Hot or not? And do you have any?
A: Tattoos are hot if it suits the person. I don't have any, but mainly because I can't decide what I want – whatever I have, I'll be stuck with for life!

Q: Wine, Beer or Liquor?
A: Liquor – vodka, please!

Q: Dogs, cats or other?
A: Dogs

Q: Kindle, Nook, Paper? Other?
A: Kindle and paper – I read each equally

Q: Vibrators, nipple clamps or butt plugs? J
A: Vibrators

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: Because my mad dog was chasing it.

Q: What is the meaning of life?
A: I don't have deep thoughts like that – they scare me.

Final thoughts: Thanks so much for having me here, Jocelyn. And thanks to everyone that's stopped by to read my interview!
Thanks for being here!

Back cover blurb:

Ryan Stonebridge and his friend Kristian Hurst are heading off on the trip of a lifetime. They’re spending their gap year traveling the world and expect lots of sun, sights and sex. The guys have a couple of days in the English capital before catching the Eurostar to Paris. Unfortunately, a family emergency means that Kristian has to head back home for a while, leaving Ryan to continue the trip alone.

Luckily for Ryan, he’s an attractive guy and there is no shortage of gorgeous women available to help take his mind off Kristian’s family drama.


Blog: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lucyfelthousewriter
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cw1985
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/cw1985

Go buy A Taste of London!


1 comment:

  1. naughty catholic girl - that will grab the men's attention

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...