Monday, December 17, 2012

Fun Interview with Avril Ashton Author of Sinner, Savior

Today... Interview with Avril Ashton, author of Sinner, Savior, an erotic m/m story.


About Author and Author's Most Recent Release
 
Q: Do you have a favorite quote or line from this book? If so, please share.
A: Oh man. So much. I have so many favorites, but I’ll give you this one. This is from Pablo’s POV when he thinks something bad has happened to Dev. ‘His knees hit the floor and his vision blurred. For a second. Only for a second did he allow his hard shell to show its cracks. The wall to come down. The truth to show.
Q: Who is your favorite main character from this book? Why?
A: I loved Pablo, but getting inside his head was hard emotionally. He’s so broken and hurt, and he’s lashing out. I liked the journey it took, watching him slowly succumb to his feelings for Dev.
Q: Who is your favorite secondary character? Why?
A: Well, there’s a new character I introduced named Tommy. He’s been through so stuff and is damaged (like my men often are), maybe even beyond repair.
Q: What was the hardest part of writing this book?
A: The hardest part was the emotional stuff. Crying with and for those characters.
Q: What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book?
A: Actually, this leaves me with a blank. I think it’s all been asked.
Q: Convince readers to buy your book in 25 words or less.
A: Crap! I’m never good at these things. Here goes: Hot, sexy and damaged menz. Filthy sex and happy ever after. Buy it already.

On Writing and Writing Erotica

Q: Why did you choose to write in this genre/subgenre?
A: Because I like reading about sex and love. I’m a voyeur. I like to watch, maybe even participate.
Q: Do you outline or do you start with a basic idea and let it flow? (plotter or pantser)
A: Just a basic idea and I let whatever is to happen, happen.
Q: Do your family and friends know what you write? If so, what do they think about it?
A: They do. They don’t care.
Q: In erotica/erotic romance, the sex is depicted graphically. Are there any specific words or phrases you aren't comfortable using in your stories? Word or phrase that makes you say “ick”?
A: Well, the flowery/purple ones are really what make me go “eww”. I like all of the dirty words. I happen to have a filthy mind and mouth. Give me all of it. 
Q: What is your favorite part of writing erotica/erotic romance?
A: LOL The romance, believe it or not.
Q: How long ago was your first story accepted by a publisher and did you pee your pants? J
A: 2009 and nah, I went to sleep.
Q: What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the publishing process?
A: God, the promo. It’s a killer

Fun Stuff

Q: Tattoos. Hot or not? And do you have any?
A: Hmmm…love me a tatted up man. Too hot! I’ve got a couple, nothing major though.
Q: Wine, Beer or Liquor?
A: Beer.
Q: Dogs, cats or other?
A: None.
Q: Kindle, Nook, Paper? Other?
A: Kindle app on my laptop.
Q: Vibrators, nipple clamps or butt plugs? J
A: All?
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: Who the hell knows? Those things are weird.
Q: What is the meaning of life?
A: Err, you tell me. LOL


Back cover blurb: Sinner or Savior? Each man has a choice to make. It should be simple. It never is.
Gun runner Pablo Castillo has cemented his reputation in the gun trade as callous and cold-hearted. Personal feelings no longer matter, not with everyone out to make him a sacrifice on their way to the top. He remains untouchable, until a meeting with a rival gang leader and a new deal brings him face-to-face with temptation.
Dev is the right hand to a sadistic bastard out for blood and glory. He hides his true feelings of distaste for his boss, not the least of his many secrets. He could’ve sworn those secrets were safe, but after meeting Pablo he’s not so sure. The two men come together in a heated affair neither can deny, battling themselves, each other and a deadly enemy bent on spilling blood. Pablo and Dev will have to stick together or walk away from a love neither man expected to find. The choice should be simple. It never is.


Go buy Sinner, Savior! 
Other buy links:





4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...