Monday, November 26, 2012

Fun Interview with Helena Harker for Master's Submission

Today, I'm interviewing Helena Harker, author of Master's Submission, a BDSM erotic romance.

About Author and Author's Most Recent Release

Q: Who is your favorite main character from this Master’s Submission? Why?
A: Well, there are only two characters, because it’s an Ellora’s Cave Quickie! I really like the heroine, because she is used to being a submissive, and she has to tap into a completely different part of herself to become a dominatrix.

Q: Who is your favorite secondary character? Why?
A: That would have to be Dylan, who is Bethany’s “Master.” He is willing to try to give up control for one night to try to give Bethany an opportunity to explore a different side of her personality. He loves her and is willing to put his dominant nature aside to try to please her.

Q: What was the hardest part of writing this Master’s Submission?
A: Since it was one of my first attempts at erotica, writing explicit sex scenes was tough. I would read other erotic short stories for inspiration, and then I would get back to this story and write a bit more.

Q: What question do you wish that someone would ask about Master’s Submission?
A: Hmmm, don’t know. What I hope they don’t ask is something like, “Is Bethany your alter ego?”

Q: Convince readers to buy your book in 25 words or less.
A: There’s a scene about the Male G-Spot. If you want to know more, read the story!

On Writing and Writing Erotica

Q: Why did you choose to write in this genre/subgenre?
A: Because my YA book wasn’t doing very well and I wanted to try something different.

Q: Do you outline or do you start with a basic idea and let it flow? (plotter or pantser)
A: When I start, I wing it, but when I get further into the plot, I have to make outlines and stick to them.

Q: Do your family and friends know what you write? If so, what do they think about it?
A: Only one person at work knows, and I’m beginning to think telling her was NOT a good idea.

Q: In erotica/erotic romance, the sex is depicted graphically. Are there any specific words or phrases you aren't comfortable using in your stories? Word or phrase that makes you say “ick”?
A: Not anymore, but at the beginning, they ALL  made me queasy!!!!

Q: What is your favorite part of writing erotica/erotic romance?
A: Getting to explore the characters’ motivations. Getting into Bethany’s head was great fun.

Q: How long ago was your first story accepted by a publisher and did you pee your pants? J
A: I was almost incredulous when Ellora’s Cave accepted this story. But I had to revise it once before they offered me a contract.

Q: What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the publishing process?
A: Seeing your book on Amazon is a highlight! All the marketing you have to do after is a drag. It’s time-consuming and I’d rather be writing!

Fun Stuff

Q: Tattoos. Hot or not? And do you have any?
A: Not hot. Trashy. I like “henna”, which is Middle Eastern dye made from tree leaves, and it makes absolutely beautiful decorations on your hands for weddings, etc.

Q: Wine, Beer or Liquor?
A: I like margaritas.

Q: Dogs, cats or other?
A: I love animals. Dogs. Cats. Horses.

Q: Kindle, Nook, Paper? Other?
A: PDF! I always read on my laptop!

Q: Vibrators, nipple clamps or butt plugs? J
A: Vibrators, definitely!

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: It is one of life’s great mysteries.

Q: What is the meaning of life?
A: I think it’s best if we never find out. It’s better to keep asking the question and seeking our true purpose.

Back cover blurb:

When Bethany finds her Master’s note, she expects it to contain the usual set of instructions telling her how to prepare for their Friday evening play session. But her Master asks for the unexpected—he wants her to be his Domme. Bethany is terrified at the prospect, but she doesn’t want to disappoint Master. She’ll need to tap into her inner dominatrix if she’s to give her newly submissive lover what he needs.




*Twitter: https://twitter.com/HelenaHarker

Go buy Master's Submission!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...